Friday, January 27, 2017

365 Ways to Shoot a Doll : Back to where I found her

This project "365 Ways to Shoot a Doll" is meant to invoke thought, emotion and conversation. As the project moves along there will references to the abuses women and children live with and through from the hands of government, husbands, fathers etc. BUT it will also deal with the positive effects of love and respect and encouragement.



This past week I drove myself and Dolly back to the path in Ladysmith where she was abandoned. It felt a little weird carrying her in a plastic bag, placing her in the brush and then taking photos. People walked past watching me curiously but no one stopped to ask questions. 

The pathway above the Ladysmith Harbour I walked along. 

I placed Dolly in approximately the same spot I originally found her. 

I've photocopied a photo taken a few weeks ago while giving Dolly a bubble bath.  

I then placed Dolly and the photocopy in different spots along the path. 

I added the caption "FOUND" for the last photos. 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Vivienne. I'm loving the process.

      Delete
  2. oh carol, it's a great project!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mano. I'm enjoying this too.

      Delete
  3. Nice that you are healthy again and continue with Dolly. Great setting for "lost and found".
    Best regards
    Solveig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Solveig. It feels great to be out taking photos and concentrating on this project again.

      Delete