Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Project : 365 Ways to Shoot a Doll

Happy New Year! 

I'm here to announce a new project I'll be working on for the next 365 days. I'll be shooting this little doll. Over and over again. Pleasurable work. The kind of work my offspring will roll their eyes at. 

Here is the doll. She was abandoned on a hillside near the Ladysmith Waterfront Art Gallery. I don't know if she was burned before she was abandoned or if that happened later. 


She first appeared in my work in 2014 while I was attending a workshop on installation art. 
Now she has the opportunity to pose for photos. She'll travel with me on adventures. Maybe she'll even go on a vacation. 



Her name is Dolly. She's very pleased to meet you.

This project "365 Ways to Shoot a Doll" is meant to invoke thought, emotion, conversation. As the project moves along there will references to the abuses women and children live with and through from the hands of government, husbands, fathers etc. BUT it will also deal with the positive effects of love and respect and encouragement


12 comments:

  1. Happy new year Carole, I look forward to seeing your photos, that's a real challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you, Kate. It's going to be a fun year for Dolly and me!

      Delete
  2. I am glad she has found a good home with you - it looks like her last home wasn't very appreciative of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been a sucker for the unloved!

      Delete
  3. Hello Dolly
    Well Hello Dolly
    It''s so nice to have you back where you belong. .....

    Very curious indeed.
    Much love from here
    N💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, hello! I think this project will be just what I need for 2017.
      Love back at you. xo

      Delete
  4. hi Dolly,
    so nice to meet you! Great adventure to you and say hello to Carole
    x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will. Your daily journal has been quite an inspiration for us. Hope we can be as diligent as you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Carole,

    This dolly is lucky to have you.
    You wrote: I've always been a sucker for the unloved!
    That is an admirable quality.
    I feel uneasy to tell you, but I feel uncomfortable looking at this doll with the abuse it has been through. But then again i am having a hard day, so maybe that intensifies my feelings.
    Amazing and interesting how we all have different responses to something.

    Wishing you a new year that feels wonderful to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammie,

      Thanks for leaving your comments. Without giving too much away, Dolly is also part of my bigger project "Nuns, Mary and Women's Rights" which deals with abuse against women and children. By the end of the year the photos will become less about abuse and more about love. I promise. xo

      Delete
  7. Hi Carole and Happy New Year. What an interesting project you are embarking on - interested to see it throughout the year. I liked your comment about a project your offspring will roll their eyes at - it made me chuckle - I continue to work at not caring about what others think of what I create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome how as we get deeper into our work we care less about what others think. This project is exciting right now, let's see if I can keep that enthusiasm!

      Delete